U’khand: 30 BJP MLAs land in Ujjain
Ujjain: Apparently fearing poaching by
Uttarakhand`s ruling Congress ahead of a possible trust vote, BJP has shifted over 30 of its MLAs from the northern state to this town in Madhya Pradesh Thursday.
Party sources said they were staying at Mittal Avenue
Hotel on Indore road here.
However, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation
(MPTDC) Chairman, Mohan Yadav, told reporters that MLAs
arrived in the city only to take part in the Vikram Utsav
programme organised by the state`s Culture Department.
He also said not just MLAs from Uttarakhand but BJP
legislators from Maharashtra and Rajasthan too had come.
However, party sources said the MLAs had been lodged in separate rooms and nobody was allowed to meet them. Mediapersons were not allowed inside the hotel, with a large number of policemen deployed outside.
Congress, which has formed government in Uttarakhand, has
claimed a majority and said today it will prove it on the
floor of the Assembly.
Congress has formed the government in the Himalayan state
with the help of support of three BSP MLAs, two independents
and a lone Uttarakhand Kranti Dal legislator in the 70-member
Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha, state BJP`s
Organisation General Secretary, Arvind Menon, and Industries
Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya also arrived here to take part
in the Vikram Utsav.
Earlier in the day, MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan visited the Mahakaleshwar Temple here to perform
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui