U`khand Assembly at Gairsain ends amid ruckus
Gairsain: The three-day session of the Uttarakhand Assembly today came to an end amid pandemonium as Opposition BJP demanded for a debate on issues including "change" in the state`s excise policy.
Opposition members led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt rose from their seats, the moment the House assembled for the day in the morning.
BJP raised the issue of the change in state`s excise policy which it alleged was done to favour a liquor mafia and on the alleged transfer of land to a company at concessional rates, forcing several adjournments of the House before Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal finally adjourned it sine die in this remote hill town.
Even as the House reassembled during the day, the opposition members resumed slogan shouting.
The opposition has been alleging that norms were violated in suddenly changing the excise policy of the state to benefit the liquor mafia and transferring land to the company at concessional rates.
The three-day session of Uttarakhand Assembly was being held for the first time outside Dehradun in the remote hill town of Gairsain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India