U`khand Assembly at Gairsain ends amid ruckus
Gairsain: The three-day session of the Uttarakhand Assembly today came to an end amid pandemonium as Opposition BJP demanded for a debate on issues including "change" in the state`s excise policy.
Opposition members led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt rose from their seats, the moment the House assembled for the day in the morning.
BJP raised the issue of the change in state`s excise policy which it alleged was done to favour a liquor mafia and on the alleged transfer of land to a company at concessional rates, forcing several adjournments of the House before Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal finally adjourned it sine die in this remote hill town.
Even as the House reassembled during the day, the opposition members resumed slogan shouting.
The opposition has been alleging that norms were violated in suddenly changing the excise policy of the state to benefit the liquor mafia and transferring land to the company at concessional rates.
The three-day session of Uttarakhand Assembly was being held for the first time outside Dehradun in the remote hill town of Gairsain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal