U`khand BJP president Chufal resigns as minister
Dehra Dun: Newly-appointed Uttarakhand BJP
president Bishan Singh Chufal on Tuesday resigned from his
ministerial post to focus on party affairs.
Chufal sent his resignation to Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank, party state general secretary Dhan
Singh Rawat here.
Soon after being appointed as state BJP president last
month, Chufal had offered to quit as Cabinet Minister, Rawat
said, adding the party had then rejected his offer.
Chufal again insisted on resigning during a meeting
yesterday stating he wanted to follow the healthy tradition of
`one man one post`, and his offer was later accepted, Rawat
The resignation of Chufal, who was holding the key
departments of forest, environment, wildlife and transport, is
yet to be accepted by the Chief Minister, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump