U`khand BJP president Chufal resigns as minister
Dehra Dun: Newly-appointed Uttarakhand BJP
president Bishan Singh Chufal on Tuesday resigned from his
ministerial post to focus on party affairs.
Chufal sent his resignation to Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank, party state general secretary Dhan
Singh Rawat here.
Soon after being appointed as state BJP president last
month, Chufal had offered to quit as Cabinet Minister, Rawat
said, adding the party had then rejected his offer.
Chufal again insisted on resigning during a meeting
yesterday stating he wanted to follow the healthy tradition of
`one man one post`, and his offer was later accepted, Rawat
The resignation of Chufal, who was holding the key
departments of forest, environment, wildlife and transport, is
yet to be accepted by the Chief Minister, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire