U`khand BJP president Chufal resigns as minister
Dehra Dun: Newly-appointed Uttarakhand BJP
president Bishan Singh Chufal on Tuesday resigned from his
ministerial post to focus on party affairs.
Chufal sent his resignation to Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank, party state general secretary Dhan
Singh Rawat here.
Soon after being appointed as state BJP president last
month, Chufal had offered to quit as Cabinet Minister, Rawat
said, adding the party had then rejected his offer.
Chufal again insisted on resigning during a meeting
yesterday stating he wanted to follow the healthy tradition of
`one man one post`, and his offer was later accepted, Rawat
The resignation of Chufal, who was holding the key
departments of forest, environment, wildlife and transport, is
yet to be accepted by the Chief Minister, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video