U’khand Cabinet reduces promised unemployment dole
Dehra Dun: Faced with an acute financial crunch, the Uttarakhand government has decided to reduce unemployment allowance compared to what was promised in the ruling Congress` election manifesto, official sources said on Sunday.
In its manifesto, the ruling party had promised to give unemployment allowance of Rs 750-1,500 depending upon the person`s qualification.
However, a meeting of the state Cabinet here last night decided that there will be three broad categories of such allowance - Rs 500 to intermediates, Rs 750 to graduates and Rs 1,000 to post-graduates.
The government has also determined the criteria for availing the unemployment allowance under which youths must be in the 25-35 years age group and should have passed the 12th standard examination.
Besides, they must have completed 4 years of registration with the unemployment exchange with effect from November 9, 2012, and their family income should be less than Rs one lakh per annum.
However, since the government is facing a severe financial crunch, unemployed youths may have to wait more for getting such allowance till a separate budgetary provision is made.
"In the budget which would be brought in the state Assembly on May 31, there is only provision for unemployment doles through SND (schedule for new demands)," said a government official.
"The CM is not happy with the financial position of the state as the non-plan expenditure is rising. In such a scenario, it is unlikely that a separate budgetary provision for unemployment doles will be made in the budget," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’