U’khand Cabinet reduces promised unemployment dole
Dehra Dun: Faced with an acute financial crunch, the Uttarakhand government has decided to reduce unemployment allowance compared to what was promised in the ruling Congress` election manifesto, official sources said on Sunday.
In its manifesto, the ruling party had promised to give unemployment allowance of Rs 750-1,500 depending upon the person`s qualification.
However, a meeting of the state Cabinet here last night decided that there will be three broad categories of such allowance - Rs 500 to intermediates, Rs 750 to graduates and Rs 1,000 to post-graduates.
The government has also determined the criteria for availing the unemployment allowance under which youths must be in the 25-35 years age group and should have passed the 12th standard examination.
Besides, they must have completed 4 years of registration with the unemployment exchange with effect from November 9, 2012, and their family income should be less than Rs one lakh per annum.
However, since the government is facing a severe financial crunch, unemployed youths may have to wait more for getting such allowance till a separate budgetary provision is made.
"In the budget which would be brought in the state Assembly on May 31, there is only provision for unemployment doles through SND (schedule for new demands)," said a government official.
"The CM is not happy with the financial position of the state as the non-plan expenditure is rising. In such a scenario, it is unlikely that a separate budgetary provision for unemployment doles will be made in the budget," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow