U’khand chopper crash: Army jawan cremated with state honours
Nashik: The mortal remains of 30-year-old Army jawan Ganesh Hanumant Ahirrao, who died in a helicopter crash during Uttarakhand rescue operations was cremated with state honours on Wednesday, at his native village Wadalawadali in Chalisgaon taluka of North Maharashtra`s Jalgaon district.
Thousands of villagers paid their last respects to his body. Condolence messages from Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, BJP opposition leader Eknath Khadse and others were read out on the occasion.
Army officials, two captains, three commanding officers and 15 jawans attended his funeral and he was given a salute by the police by firing three rounds in the air as a mark of respect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief