U`khand civic polls: Cong, BJP, BSP list names
Dehradun: Major political parties, including the Congress, BJP and BSP, have announced their first list of candidates for the forthcoming civic body polls in Uttarakhand.
The ruling Congress, main opposition BJP and BSP which is giving outside support to the state government yesterday announced their first list of candidates for the polls slated to be held on April 8.
Congress has announced 11 candidates, BJP 41 and BSP 21 so far. 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats will go to the polls this year.
Elections will be held for municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar.
A total of 15,20,527 voters are likley to exercise their franchise. Around 3,61,092 voters are registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham singh Nargar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study