U`khand civic polls: Cong, BJP, BSP list names
Dehradun: Major political parties, including the Congress, BJP and BSP, have announced their first list of candidates for the forthcoming civic body polls in Uttarakhand.
The ruling Congress, main opposition BJP and BSP which is giving outside support to the state government yesterday announced their first list of candidates for the polls slated to be held on April 8.
Congress has announced 11 candidates, BJP 41 and BSP 21 so far. 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats will go to the polls this year.
Elections will be held for municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar.
A total of 15,20,527 voters are likley to exercise their franchise. Around 3,61,092 voters are registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham singh Nargar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown