U`khand civic polls: Cong, BJP, BSP list names
Dehradun: Major political parties, including the Congress, BJP and BSP, have announced their first list of candidates for the forthcoming civic body polls in Uttarakhand.
The ruling Congress, main opposition BJP and BSP which is giving outside support to the state government yesterday announced their first list of candidates for the polls slated to be held on April 8.
Congress has announced 11 candidates, BJP 41 and BSP 21 so far. 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats will go to the polls this year.
Elections will be held for municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar.
A total of 15,20,527 voters are likley to exercise their franchise. Around 3,61,092 voters are registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham singh Nargar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review