U`khand civic polls: Cong, BJP, BSP list names
Dehradun: Major political parties, including the Congress, BJP and BSP, have announced their first list of candidates for the forthcoming civic body polls in Uttarakhand.
The ruling Congress, main opposition BJP and BSP which is giving outside support to the state government yesterday announced their first list of candidates for the polls slated to be held on April 8.
Congress has announced 11 candidates, BJP 41 and BSP 21 so far. 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats will go to the polls this year.
Elections will be held for municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar.
A total of 15,20,527 voters are likley to exercise their franchise. Around 3,61,092 voters are registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham singh Nargar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof