U`khand CM walks barefooted to protest fuel hike
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Monday led a march of BJP activists, protesting against the recent hike in prices of diesel, kerosene and cooking gas, official sources said.
The Chief Minister walked barefooted throughout the 4 km-long march, which began from his residence and culminated near the state secretariat, they said.
Senior BJP leaders, including state party president Bishan Singh Chufal along with scores of party workers attended the march, the officials said.
The party also demanded an immediate roll back of the increase in prices of diesel, kerosene and cooking gas, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29