U`khand CM walks barefooted to protest fuel hike
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Monday led a march of BJP activists, protesting against the recent hike in prices of diesel, kerosene and cooking gas, official sources said.
The Chief Minister walked barefooted throughout the 4 km-long march, which began from his residence and culminated near the state secretariat, they said.
Senior BJP leaders, including state party president Bishan Singh Chufal along with scores of party workers attended the march, the officials said.
The party also demanded an immediate roll back of the increase in prices of diesel, kerosene and cooking gas, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!