U`khand CM walks barefooted to protest fuel hike
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Monday led a march of BJP activists, protesting against the recent hike in prices of diesel, kerosene and cooking gas, official sources said.
The Chief Minister walked barefooted throughout the 4 km-long march, which began from his residence and culminated near the state secretariat, they said.
Senior BJP leaders, including state party president Bishan Singh Chufal along with scores of party workers attended the march, the officials said.
The party also demanded an immediate roll back of the increase in prices of diesel, kerosene and cooking gas, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan