U’khand: Cong for CBI probe into theft at BJP hq
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Congress on Monday sought
a CBI probe into the alleged theft of Rs 27 lakh from state
BJP headquarters here in 2002 and described as "intriguing"
Chief Minister B C Khanduri`s silence on the issue.
"At a time when the chief minister has launched a
blistering campaign against corruption, it is his duty to
allow truth to prevail with regard to the theft case," state
Congress spokesman Surendra Kumar told reporters here.
Demanding a CBI probe, he said the investigating agency
should take into account a BJP fact-finding report which said
no robbery took place on May 30, 2002 and a "drama was enacted
to give it a theft angle".
He said Khanduri`s silence over the report was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145