U`khand defers imposition of surcharge till April 1
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand government on Thursday
deferred imposition of surcharge on a series of FMCG and other
food items by one month, official sources said here.
The decision to defer imposition of the surcharge till
April 1 was taken due to the technical problem in taxation,
The state government had last month announced imposition
of 0.5 percent to 1 percent surcharge on some FMCG and other
food items from March 1.
A surcharge of 0.5 percent was imposed on items where
VAT is 4 percent while other items where VAT is 12.5 percent,
the surcharge was imposed at the rate of 1 percent.
The move to impose surcharge was being seen as the state
government`s fresh attempt to earn additional revenue in the
face of acute financial crunch.
The state government is facing a burden of Rs 4000 crore
in the wake of Sixth Pay Commission report for which it is
trying hard to generate additional revenue for the
ballooning non-plan expenditure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price