Ukhand flood:Police seek DNA samples of kin of missing persons
Hyderabad: The Uttarakhand Police have sought DNA samples of relatives of those who went missing in the heavy floods that left the hill state devastated in June this year.
"DGP Uttarakhand, through his letter has appealed for samples of DNA of the relatives of missing persons in the Uttarakhand floods, so that they can be identified," a release from Andhra Pradesh Police said here on Monday.
About 80 people from Andhra Pradesh are believed to be missing following the heavy floods in Uttarakhand in June.
The relatives of the missing persons, who wish to give their DNA sample, may contact N K Misara at Doon Hospital in Dehradun for the purpose of identification of unidentified bodies and locating the missing persons, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India