Ukhand flood:Police seek DNA samples of kin of missing persons
Hyderabad: The Uttarakhand Police have sought DNA samples of relatives of those who went missing in the heavy floods that left the hill state devastated in June this year.
"DGP Uttarakhand, through his letter has appealed for samples of DNA of the relatives of missing persons in the Uttarakhand floods, so that they can be identified," a release from Andhra Pradesh Police said here on Monday.
About 80 people from Andhra Pradesh are believed to be missing following the heavy floods in Uttarakhand in June.
The relatives of the missing persons, who wish to give their DNA sample, may contact N K Misara at Doon Hospital in Dehradun for the purpose of identification of unidentified bodies and locating the missing persons, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened