U`khand floods: 5 bodies recovered from Ganga in UP
Lucknow: Five bodies swept away in the Uttarakhand flash floods were recovered from Ganga river in Uttar Pradesh.
IG (Law and Order) R K Vishwakarma said three bodies were recovered from Ganga river in Bijnor and one each in Allahabad and Hapur.
He said that with this 50 bodies have been recovered from different rivers in the state so far, including 16 in Allahabad, Bijnor 8, Muzaffarnagar 7, Hapur 5, Pilibhit 3, Bagpath and Sambhal 1 each.
He said that report of 759 missing people in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand was received at the control room of which 229 have either returned safely or were on their way back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video