U`khand floods: 5 bodies recovered from Ganga in UP
Lucknow: Five bodies swept away in the Uttarakhand flash floods were recovered from Ganga river in Uttar Pradesh.
IG (Law and Order) R K Vishwakarma said three bodies were recovered from Ganga river in Bijnor and one each in Allahabad and Hapur.
He said that with this 50 bodies have been recovered from different rivers in the state so far, including 16 in Allahabad, Bijnor 8, Muzaffarnagar 7, Hapur 5, Pilibhit 3, Bagpath and Sambhal 1 each.
He said that report of 759 missing people in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand was received at the control room of which 229 have either returned safely or were on their way back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra