U`khand floods: Seven bodies recovered in UP rivers
Lucknow: As clear weather boosted rescue operations in flood-ravaged parts of Uttar Pradesh, especially in the western region, bodies of seven persons which reportedly came floating from Uttarakhand were recovered on Saturday from Bijnore and Bulandshahr districts.
According to police, four bodies-- two each in Nagla and Najibabad areas of Bijnore, and three in Narora area of Bulandshahr were recovered from the rivers.
The bodies, which are in a decomposed state, have been sent for post mortem examination and their DNA test would also be conducted, police said.
Similarly, three bodies were recovered in Pilibhit yesterday, police said.
People in flood-hit parts of Bijnore, Kheri, Aligarh and Mathura have been shifted to safer places and relief operations were on.
According to Meteorological department, moderate to heavy rains occurred at one or two places over east UP, but weather was mainly dry over west UP.
It said that there could be an increase in rainfall activity.
Central Water Commission sources said all the major rivers including the Sharda and Ghaghra rivers have shown a downward trend though they are still flowing above the danger mark at a couple of places.
The Ganga river however was rising all along its route from Fatehgarh to Ballia, the sources said.
Irrigation department officials in Fatehgarh said that though there has been a decrease in the release of water in the barrages since yesterday, the water released earlier reaching here was leading to rise in water level in the Ganga river creating flood like situation.
Roads in the trans-Ganga area were submerged creating problems for the locals.
The district administration in Fatehgarh has speeded up the flood relief works and has also asked the food and civil supplies department to prepare their workplan.
The Sharda river, which continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan, has registered a downward tread also in Shardanagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India