U`khand floods: Seven bodies recovered in UP rivers
Lucknow: As clear weather boosted rescue operations in flood-ravaged parts of Uttar Pradesh, especially in the western region, bodies of seven persons which reportedly came floating from Uttarakhand were recovered on Saturday from Bijnore and Bulandshahr districts.
According to police, four bodies-- two each in Nagla and Najibabad areas of Bijnore, and three in Narora area of Bulandshahr were recovered from the rivers.
The bodies, which are in a decomposed state, have been sent for post mortem examination and their DNA test would also be conducted, police said.
Similarly, three bodies were recovered in Pilibhit yesterday, police said.
People in flood-hit parts of Bijnore, Kheri, Aligarh and Mathura have been shifted to safer places and relief operations were on.
According to Meteorological department, moderate to heavy rains occurred at one or two places over east UP, but weather was mainly dry over west UP.
It said that there could be an increase in rainfall activity.
Central Water Commission sources said all the major rivers including the Sharda and Ghaghra rivers have shown a downward trend though they are still flowing above the danger mark at a couple of places.
The Ganga river however was rising all along its route from Fatehgarh to Ballia, the sources said.
Irrigation department officials in Fatehgarh said that though there has been a decrease in the release of water in the barrages since yesterday, the water released earlier reaching here was leading to rise in water level in the Ganga river creating flood like situation.
Roads in the trans-Ganga area were submerged creating problems for the locals.
The district administration in Fatehgarh has speeded up the flood relief works and has also asked the food and civil supplies department to prepare their workplan.
The Sharda river, which continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan, has registered a downward tread also in Shardanagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy