U’khand Governor orders austerity measures
Dehradun: Five days after taking oath, Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi on Sunday ordered several austerity measures aimed at curtailing expenditure at the Raj Bhavan.
Qureshi said he would not use the state aircraft or helicopter for his tours, a Raj Bhavan release said, adding, in case he travels by a commercial flight, he would travel in the economy class only.
72-year-old Qureshi, who took the charge on May 15, has also decided not to travel in the special railway saloon, and instead he and his family would travel in Ist or IInd AC Class.
While coming from Bhopal to Dehradun last week, Qureshi`s family travelled in ordinary chair car.
The fifth governor of over the decade-old hill state also gave directions to his office that "not a single paisa" should be spent on the interiors, carpets, curtains, sofa sets, purchase of new crockery and cutlery for the Raj Bhavan.
The Governor has also asked for a review of the hospitality expenditure of the Raj Bhavan by his principal secretary.
He also directed officials to review the expenditure on fuel and use of vehicles without violating the security norms set up by the Government of India.
Qureshi is a former Madhya Pradesh minister and has taken the place of Margaret Alva, who was recently transferred to Rajasthan as its new Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS