U’khand Governor orders austerity measures
Dehradun: Five days after taking oath, Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi on Sunday ordered several austerity measures aimed at curtailing expenditure at the Raj Bhavan.
Qureshi said he would not use the state aircraft or helicopter for his tours, a Raj Bhavan release said, adding, in case he travels by a commercial flight, he would travel in the economy class only.
72-year-old Qureshi, who took the charge on May 15, has also decided not to travel in the special railway saloon, and instead he and his family would travel in Ist or IInd AC Class.
While coming from Bhopal to Dehradun last week, Qureshi`s family travelled in ordinary chair car.
The fifth governor of over the decade-old hill state also gave directions to his office that "not a single paisa" should be spent on the interiors, carpets, curtains, sofa sets, purchase of new crockery and cutlery for the Raj Bhavan.
The Governor has also asked for a review of the hospitality expenditure of the Raj Bhavan by his principal secretary.
He also directed officials to review the expenditure on fuel and use of vehicles without violating the security norms set up by the Government of India.
Qureshi is a former Madhya Pradesh minister and has taken the place of Margaret Alva, who was recently transferred to Rajasthan as its new Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan