U`khand govt acts tough against striking employees
Dehradun: Acting tough against striking employees both in protest and in favour of SC/ST reservation in promotion, the Uttarakhand government on Saturday said officials who do not return to work by September 10 will be considered absent and their salary deducted on `no work no pay` basis.
The government may also initiate disciplinary action against such employees as per the rules, Principal Secretary DK Kotia said.
A section of government employees, both for and against the proposed quota in promotion, postponed their agitation on September 6 due to the model code of conduct being in force in view of the October 10 Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll.
However, a large number of them are still refusing to join duty, paralysing work in government offices across the state.
Pauri and Chamoli districts have been the worst hit by the ongoing strike while it has had considerable impact in Dehradun, Haridwar and Rudraprayag districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!