U`khand govt acts tough against striking employees
Dehradun: Acting tough against striking employees both in protest and in favour of SC/ST reservation in promotion, the Uttarakhand government on Saturday said officials who do not return to work by September 10 will be considered absent and their salary deducted on `no work no pay` basis.
The government may also initiate disciplinary action against such employees as per the rules, Principal Secretary DK Kotia said.
A section of government employees, both for and against the proposed quota in promotion, postponed their agitation on September 6 due to the model code of conduct being in force in view of the October 10 Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll.
However, a large number of them are still refusing to join duty, paralysing work in government offices across the state.
Pauri and Chamoli districts have been the worst hit by the ongoing strike while it has had considerable impact in Dehradun, Haridwar and Rudraprayag districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details