U`khand govt announces Rs 51 cr plan for PDS
Dehra Dun: The Uttarakhand government Wednesday
announced an action plan of Rs 51 crore for computerisation of the public distribution system to ensure adequate supply of
foodgrains and kerosene to beneficiaries.
Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar, while addressing a meeting
here, said that initially an amount of Rs 10 crore would be
released for computerisation of the PDS, an official release
Kumar directed the officials to first prepare the data
base of all the 30 lakh families living in the state and later
strengthen the distribution system.
He said ration cards should be prepared in the form of
smart cards to keep a check on the fake ones. In this regard,
he asked the officials to start work on the project
immediately and complete it on a priority basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents