U`khand Govt declares SAP for sugarcane at Rs 192-197
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government on Thursday
announced the State Advised Price (SAP) for sugarcane at
Rs 192-197 with a promise of bonus for the year 2009-10.
Announcing this at a press conference here, state
sugarcane minister Madan Kaushik said the mill owners of the
state would pay Rs 192 per quintal to sugarcane growers for
normal variety and Rs 197 per quintal for early variety.
The SAP declared for this fiscal in Uttarakhand is higher
by 33 per cent than the last financial year when it was fixed
at Rs 143 to Rs 148 per quintal, the minister said.
Kaushik also said the administered price for sugarcane in
Uttarakhand is the highest among other sugarcane growing
states like Uttar Pradesh where they are fixed at Rs 162-170
per quintal, Haryana Rs 180-190, Bihar Rs 162, Maharashtra
Rs 165 and Punjab at Rs 175-180.
Moreover, the minister said the government has also
entered into an agreement with mill owners. Under this, the
government would also give bonus to farmers as per the
recovery from sugarcane and prices of sugar in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley