U`khand govt distributes relief cheques among poor
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Finance Minister Indira Hridayesh today distributed cheques worth Rs 2 lakh among the poor and needy approved from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund.
Distributing 20 cheques of Rs 5,000, Rs 10,000 and Rs 25,000 among the needy at her Haldwani residence, Hridayesh said addressing the economic problems being faced by the poor was the priority of the state government, an official release here said.
She also apprised people of the social welfare programmes initiated by the state government and asked them to benefit from them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan