U`khand govt distributes relief cheques among poor
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Finance Minister Indira Hridayesh today distributed cheques worth Rs 2 lakh among the poor and needy approved from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund.
Distributing 20 cheques of Rs 5,000, Rs 10,000 and Rs 25,000 among the needy at her Haldwani residence, Hridayesh said addressing the economic problems being faced by the poor was the priority of the state government, an official release here said.
She also apprised people of the social welfare programmes initiated by the state government and asked them to benefit from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon