U`khand govt has lost trust of Opposition: Bhatt
Dehradun: BJP on Monday accused Uttarakhand government of breaching the trust of the Opposition by not extending the recently concluded session of the state Assembly despite promising to do so at a meeting of the Business Advisory Committee prior to beginning of the session.
"By going back on its promise to extend the session by three more days, the state government has lost the trust of the Opposition forever," Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Ajay Bhatt told reporters.
He claimed that the government had agreed to extend the session at a meeting of the state Assembly`s Business Advisory Committee which preceded the brief three-day session of the House.
"But by reneging on its promise the state government has compounded its problems. We would not trust its assurances in future now," Bhatt said.
Non-implementation of decisions of the Business Advisory Committee is tantamount to violating the norms of parliamentary democracy.
He said the abrupt adjournment of the House after more than two days of debate on the recent calamity in the state shows that the state government did not want to face the Opposition.
He said it was "painful" that chief minister Vijay Bahuguna did not give his reply on the debate on the natural calamity in the House but praised Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal for setting a healthy precedent by directing the government to speed up relief work in the wake of the tragedy even in the absence of a reply from the leader of the House on the debate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'