U`khand govt seeks more medical officers, specialists
New Delhi: The Uttarakhand government has made a fresh request to the Union Health Ministry for sending 171 more medical officers and 57 specialists to address health issues in the flood-hit state.
The Ministry said the state`s request for fresh medical officers and specialists in anaesthesia, surgery, general medicine, paediatrics and gynaecology is being processed on a "fast track basis" for quick mobilisation.
"34 senior residents/specialist doctors from three Central Government Hospitals and hospitals under DHS of the NCT of Delhi State Government have proceeded to Dehradun to join the CHS doctors already stationed there," the Ministry said in a statement.
It said two fresh public health teams consisting of two members each from NCDC and central hospitals would leave for Dehradun to replace the first public health team currently stationed there since June 24.
The ministry said members of the high-level central team consisting of Director (Emergency Medical Relief), Director (National Centre for Disease Control) and Joint Director (National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme) have left for Uttarkashi to review the health situation in that area.
The third team from NIMHANS, Bangalore, for psycho-social relief work, has been deployed for relief work in the affected districts and two such teams are already in the field.
The Ministry has already arranged and dispatched three truck loads of medicines from central hospitals, besides 10 lakh chlorine tablets along with seven essential drugs.
"A further request from the state authorities for 2 crore chlorine tablets, 100 metric tonnes of bleaching powder, and 3 lakh ORS packets is being processed for despatch," the Ministry said.
Despite fears of an epidemic outbreak, the Ministry claimed that there has been no reports of outbreak of water borne/food borne/air borne or direct contact diseases in affected areas and the situation is being monitored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information