U`khand govt seeks more medical officers, specialists
New Delhi: The Uttarakhand government has made a fresh request to the Union Health Ministry for sending 171 more medical officers and 57 specialists to address health issues in the flood-hit state.
The Ministry said the state`s request for fresh medical officers and specialists in anaesthesia, surgery, general medicine, paediatrics and gynaecology is being processed on a "fast track basis" for quick mobilisation.
"34 senior residents/specialist doctors from three Central Government Hospitals and hospitals under DHS of the NCT of Delhi State Government have proceeded to Dehradun to join the CHS doctors already stationed there," the Ministry said in a statement.
It said two fresh public health teams consisting of two members each from NCDC and central hospitals would leave for Dehradun to replace the first public health team currently stationed there since June 24.
The ministry said members of the high-level central team consisting of Director (Emergency Medical Relief), Director (National Centre for Disease Control) and Joint Director (National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme) have left for Uttarkashi to review the health situation in that area.
The third team from NIMHANS, Bangalore, for psycho-social relief work, has been deployed for relief work in the affected districts and two such teams are already in the field.
The Ministry has already arranged and dispatched three truck loads of medicines from central hospitals, besides 10 lakh chlorine tablets along with seven essential drugs.
"A further request from the state authorities for 2 crore chlorine tablets, 100 metric tonnes of bleaching powder, and 3 lakh ORS packets is being processed for despatch," the Ministry said.
Despite fears of an epidemic outbreak, the Ministry claimed that there has been no reports of outbreak of water borne/food borne/air borne or direct contact diseases in affected areas and the situation is being monitored.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!