U`khand govt to seek MI 26 copters for flying border road construction materials
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government will seek help of MI 26 helicopters to fly building material and equipment to some high altitude areas for the construction of ten border roads close to the India-China and India-Nepal borders in the state, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has said.
Presiding over a meeting here yesterday to review basic infrastructure and effective management on the India-Nepal and India-China borders in the state, Kumar said, "A request would be made to the IAF to press into service MI 26 helicopters for sending material and machinery to high altitude areas where work is underway to build ten strategic border roads."
Five of these roads are being built by CPWD and five by the BRO.
The meeting was attended by?DGP BS Sidhu, Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash, IG (ITBP) IS Negi and IG (Police) R S Meena, among others.
At the meeting, it was informed that the Nepal borders have been sealed due to elections in the country and the district administration, police, SSB and ITBP were guarding the borders with mutual coordination.
Issues like development of border roads, forest and environment clearance, review of security in border areas and duties of the ITBP, SSB, BRO and CPWD were discussed at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof