U`khand govt to seek MI 26 copters for flying border road construction materials
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government will seek help of MI 26 helicopters to fly building material and equipment to some high altitude areas for the construction of ten border roads close to the India-China and India-Nepal borders in the state, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has said.
Presiding over a meeting here yesterday to review basic infrastructure and effective management on the India-Nepal and India-China borders in the state, Kumar said, "A request would be made to the IAF to press into service MI 26 helicopters for sending material and machinery to high altitude areas where work is underway to build ten strategic border roads."
Five of these roads are being built by CPWD and five by the BRO.
The meeting was attended by?DGP BS Sidhu, Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash, IG (ITBP) IS Negi and IG (Police) R S Meena, among others.
At the meeting, it was informed that the Nepal borders have been sealed due to elections in the country and the district administration, police, SSB and ITBP were guarding the borders with mutual coordination.
Issues like development of border roads, forest and environment clearance, review of security in border areas and duties of the ITBP, SSB, BRO and CPWD were discussed at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why