U`khand govt withdraws sops to pvt firm in housing project
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand govt on Sunday
withdrew all concessions to a private firm in a housing
project in Rishikesh as the case related to alleged violation
of environmental laws comes up for hearing before the High
Court on Monday.
"We are withdrawing all concessions given to this
particular private developer (Citurgia) for constructing a
housing project at Rishikesh," a top government official said.
The NGOs in their petition have claimed industry land
cannot be accorded for a housing project along the river Ganga
on environmental grounds.
Mumbai-based Citurgia Biochemical limited was permitted
to use 30 acres of its sick chemical plant in Rishikesh for a
housing project. The nod was given under a Board for
Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) revival scheme.
The government has so far maintained in the court that it
only followed the advice of the BIFR on the matter.
The opposition parties led by Congress had accused Chief
Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank of giving undue favours to
the private developer in gross violation of stringent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!