U`khand HC notices to state govt, pvt developers
Nainital: Uttarakhand High Court today issued
notices to the state government, Board for Industrial and
Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) and Sterdia Developers in an
alleged land scam in Rishikesh.
Hearing a PIL filed by Independent Media Society, an NGO,
a two-member bench comprising Chief Justice Barin Ghosh and
Justice V K Bist issued notices to respondents and asked them
to file their reply within four weeks time, said C K Sharma,
the counsel of petitioner.
The fresh PIL has been filed nearly a week after another
PIL was filed alleging the state government changed the use
pattern of an industrial land for housing purpose in gross
violation of environmental norms and that too without charging
any fee benting rules under the pressure of private
The issue of alleged land scam in Rishikesh had rocked
the hill state in March this year when the entire opposition
led by Congress disrupted the assembly proceedings demanding a
CBI probe into the matter.
The opposition alleged that the BJP government had
changed the use pattern of 30 acres of land belonging to sick
Citurgia Biochemical Limited to Sterdia Developers.
However, the government refused to hand over the matter
to CBI for investigations claiming that the land use was
changed on the instructions of BIFR which had allowed the
state government to sell a part of Citurgia Biochemicals`
premises for its revival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!