U`khand HC notices to state govt, pvt developers
Nainital: Uttarakhand High Court today issued
notices to the state government, Board for Industrial and
Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) and Sterdia Developers in an
alleged land scam in Rishikesh.
Hearing a PIL filed by Independent Media Society, an NGO,
a two-member bench comprising Chief Justice Barin Ghosh and
Justice V K Bist issued notices to respondents and asked them
to file their reply within four weeks time, said C K Sharma,
the counsel of petitioner.
The fresh PIL has been filed nearly a week after another
PIL was filed alleging the state government changed the use
pattern of an industrial land for housing purpose in gross
violation of environmental norms and that too without charging
any fee benting rules under the pressure of private
The issue of alleged land scam in Rishikesh had rocked
the hill state in March this year when the entire opposition
led by Congress disrupted the assembly proceedings demanding a
CBI probe into the matter.
The opposition alleged that the BJP government had
changed the use pattern of 30 acres of land belonging to sick
Citurgia Biochemical Limited to Sterdia Developers.
However, the government refused to hand over the matter
to CBI for investigations claiming that the land use was
changed on the instructions of BIFR which had allowed the
state government to sell a part of Citurgia Biochemicals`
premises for its revival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly