U’khand polls: Cong to ‘investigate’ BJP scams
Dehra Dun: Congress on Friday promised to investigate alleged scams during the BJP government, give unemployment allowance, abolished contract employment in industries and promote organic cultivation in villages.
In its election manifesto which was released by senior
Congress leader Chowdhary Birendra Singh, the party said it
would investigate all scams unearthed during the BJP
government and take them to their logical end.
Singh said the party has already submitted a list of
alleged BJP scams to President Pratibha Patil.
It promised to give unemployment doles of Rs 750-1,500
per month to youths depending upon their educational
qualification. Girls and those with science background would
get 50 per cent more. Such candidates should be registered
with the employment exchange for the past three years.
All youth who are registered with the employment exchange
for the last five years would get interest free loans upto Rs
The manifesto also promised to abolished contract
employment in the industry which has seen a mushroom growth
during the past one decade.
For promoting agriculture, the manifesto said nearly
2,000 villages would be associated with the organic farming
programmes in the hills.
Terai region, which is considered to be the most fertile
area of the country, would be developed as seed producing
The manifesto also promised to provide interest free
loans to the students belonging to poor families for pursuing
higher technical education.
The manifesto also promised to open two sports colleges
for girls and boys separately.
It also promised to provide 5 per cent interest subsidy
for all those students whose family income is not more than Rs
It also said the Panchayati Raj Act would be enacted
within one year of the formation of a Congress government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price