U`khand: Six killed, 10 injured in road accidents
Dehradun: Six persons, including four
students, were killed and 10 others injured in separate road
accidents in Uttarakhand during the past 24 hours, police said
Two students of a private university were killed and four
others injured when the car in which they were travelling
collided with a roadside tree at Nanda ki Chowki area near
late last night.
The students, all aged between 20-22, were coming to
Dehra Dun from Selaqui area when Siddarth, the driver of the
vehicle, lost his control over it and collided with the tree,
killing Modit and Archit on the spot, they said.
Siddarth and the other three-- Viraj Pal, Manjit Singh
and Ravi Kumar were rushed to a nearby hospital where their
condition was stated to be stable.
In a separate incident, two school students were killed
and six others injured when a jeep in which they were
travelling, fell into a khud at Jwarnairi area of Almora
district, police said.
The mishap took place yesterday when the students, both
aged 16, were on their way back home from school, they said,
The deceased have been identified as Inder Singh Mahra
and Surendra Singh, who were class X students of a government
In another incident, two youths were killed when the
motorcycle in which they were travelling collided head on with
a bus in Vikasnagar area near here.
Shubham Rawat (19) and Deepak Singh (20) were returning
home after visiting a local fair when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!