U’khand, UP agree to resolve outstanding issues: Nishank
Dehradun: A day after holding talks with his
Uttar Pradesh counterpart Mayawati, Uttarakhand Chief Minister
Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank today said the two states have
agreed to resolve all the outstanding issues, including the
division of assets and liabilities.
"My talks with Mayawati were very meaningful. We have
agreed to resolve all issues through monthly talks," Nishank
told reporters here after holding talks in Lucknow.
He said the chief secretaries of both states would hold
talks once in a month either in Lucknow or Dehradun to thrash
out these issues on priority basis.
Nishank`s comments assume significance as Uttarakhand has
been seeking division of assets and liabilities related to
irrigation department, which are located in the hill state but
still in control of Uttar Pradesh. The two states are fighting
a legal battle in the Supreme Court.
He said Mayawati has also agreed in principle to transfer
the ownership rights of 41 canals to Uttarakhand.
Uttar Pradesh has also agreed to reserve 16 seats for
post-graduate courses in its medical colleges for students of
Uttarakhand. This, he said, would end the shortage of
specialised doctors in the state.
Mayawati also expressed her readiness to transfer 18
hectares of land to NHAI for the early completion of four-lane
Delhi-Haridwar national highway, Nishank said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price