UKMC sent report on loss of life, property in Uttarakhand to NCM
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand Minorities Commission has sent its report to the National Commission of Minorities regarding loss of life and property during the recent floods.
UKMC Chairman Narinderjit Singh Bindra said he had sent his report to NCM.
In his report, Bindra informed NCM that ten persons, including three Muslims, died in and around Gobind Ghat - the gateway to Hemkunt Sahab shrine visited by Sikhs and others from inside and outside the state.
Two Sikhs died due to heart attack at Ghagaria, while body of an unknown person was found in valley of flowers, Bindra said in his report.
Four Sikhs died in Patal Ganga due to landslides on road and three members of Muslim community were washed away by the river in Gobind Ghat, he told.
The UKMC said Alaknanda river had taken away as many as 127 two wheelers, 51 four wheelers and a helicopter in Gobind Ghat area during the massive floods last month.
The loss of property, mainly of Gurdwara Gobind Ghat complex, was roughly to the tune of Rs 50 crore, Bindra said, adding that the loss of local community was manifold.
Bindra, who is also vice chairman of Shri Hemkunt Sahib Management Trust, demanded that the government should compensate the Trust which looks after the facilities at the base station at Gobind Ghat to rebuild the shrine`s infrastructure damaged in the floods.
He said full insurance amount should be given to owners of all the vehicles which were washed away even though many of them only had third party insurance.
NCM had recently asked UKCM to submit its report so that it could give recommendations to central and state governments to compensate the victims.
Ajiab Singh, member of NCM, had written a letter recently to Bindra in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read