Uma Bharti made poll in-charge of Uttarakhand BJP
Dehradun: With an eye on Lok Sabha polls, BJP on Monday appointed its senior leader Uma Bharti the election in-charge of the party for Uttarakhand.
The appointment was made by BJP president Rajnath Singh, said Sanjay Kumar, Pradesh BJP General Secretary (organisation).
Senior leaders including state BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat, Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt, former chief ministers Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri, Bhagat Singh Koshiyari and Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank thanked the central leadership for Bharti`s appointment to the post, saying the party was sure to do well in the forthcoming general elections under her guidance.
"She (Uma) has had a long and close association with both political and cultural affairs of the state. She also enjoys a direct connect with people at the grassroots as she has been actively involved in people`s movements.
"Her valuable guidance will definitely help the party do well at the hustings," Pradesh BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says