Uma Bharti made poll in-charge of Uttarakhand BJP
Dehradun: With an eye on Lok Sabha polls, BJP on Monday appointed its senior leader Uma Bharti the election in-charge of the party for Uttarakhand.
The appointment was made by BJP president Rajnath Singh, said Sanjay Kumar, Pradesh BJP General Secretary (organisation).
Senior leaders including state BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat, Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt, former chief ministers Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri, Bhagat Singh Koshiyari and Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank thanked the central leadership for Bharti`s appointment to the post, saying the party was sure to do well in the forthcoming general elections under her guidance.
"She (Uma) has had a long and close association with both political and cultural affairs of the state. She also enjoys a direct connect with people at the grassroots as she has been actively involved in people`s movements.
"Her valuable guidance will definitely help the party do well at the hustings," Pradesh BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP