Uproar over Rishikesh housing project in U’khand assembly
Dehradun: Noisy scenes were witnessed in
Uttarakhand Assembly today as Opposition Congress and BSP
members demanded a CBI probe into the alleged Citurgia scandal
forcing the proceedings to be adjourned repeatedly.
Immediately as the Question Hour began, the opposition
members led by leader of the opposition Harak Singh Rawat
tropped into the well of the House alleging that the BJP
government allowed the sale of vast land belonging to the
Rishikesh-based company to private developers at throw-away
They also alleged that the government changed the land
use pattern of 30 acres of land belonging to Citurgia
Biochemical Limited in gross violation of tough environmental
norms under the pressure of the private developers.
A series of tax sops like exemption in stamp duty fee
was also given to Sterdia Developers Private Limited which are
now constructing a housing colony in the area where once the
factory stood, Rawat alleged.
Meanwhile, some opposition members also raised the issue
of alleged hydropower scandal in the House. Speaker Harbans
Kapoor asked the members to take their seats but they did not
pay heed to his repeated request.
As the ruckus continued, Kapoor was forced to adjourn the
House repeatedly over the issue.
"We want a CBI probe as well as a discussion under the
rule 310 (adjournment motion)," Rawat told reporters
immediately after the adjournment of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah