Uproar over Rishikesh housing project in U’khand assembly
Dehradun: Noisy scenes were witnessed in
Uttarakhand Assembly today as Opposition Congress and BSP
members demanded a CBI probe into the alleged Citurgia scandal
forcing the proceedings to be adjourned repeatedly.
Immediately as the Question Hour began, the opposition
members led by leader of the opposition Harak Singh Rawat
tropped into the well of the House alleging that the BJP
government allowed the sale of vast land belonging to the
Rishikesh-based company to private developers at throw-away
They also alleged that the government changed the land
use pattern of 30 acres of land belonging to Citurgia
Biochemical Limited in gross violation of tough environmental
norms under the pressure of the private developers.
A series of tax sops like exemption in stamp duty fee
was also given to Sterdia Developers Private Limited which are
now constructing a housing colony in the area where once the
factory stood, Rawat alleged.
Meanwhile, some opposition members also raised the issue
of alleged hydropower scandal in the House. Speaker Harbans
Kapoor asked the members to take their seats but they did not
pay heed to his repeated request.
As the ruckus continued, Kapoor was forced to adjourn the
House repeatedly over the issue.
"We want a CBI probe as well as a discussion under the
rule 310 (adjournment motion)," Rawat told reporters
immediately after the adjournment of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!