Uproar over Rishikesh housing project in U’khand assembly
Dehradun: Noisy scenes were witnessed in
Uttarakhand Assembly today as Opposition Congress and BSP
members demanded a CBI probe into the alleged Citurgia scandal
forcing the proceedings to be adjourned repeatedly.
Immediately as the Question Hour began, the opposition
members led by leader of the opposition Harak Singh Rawat
tropped into the well of the House alleging that the BJP
government allowed the sale of vast land belonging to the
Rishikesh-based company to private developers at throw-away
They also alleged that the government changed the land
use pattern of 30 acres of land belonging to Citurgia
Biochemical Limited in gross violation of tough environmental
norms under the pressure of the private developers.
A series of tax sops like exemption in stamp duty fee
was also given to Sterdia Developers Private Limited which are
now constructing a housing colony in the area where once the
factory stood, Rawat alleged.
Meanwhile, some opposition members also raised the issue
of alleged hydropower scandal in the House. Speaker Harbans
Kapoor asked the members to take their seats but they did not
pay heed to his repeated request.
As the ruckus continued, Kapoor was forced to adjourn the
House repeatedly over the issue.
"We want a CBI probe as well as a discussion under the
rule 310 (adjournment motion)," Rawat told reporters
immediately after the adjournment of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains