US offers help in reconstruction efforts in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: The US on Thursday expressed its intention to lend a helping hand in the reconstruction efforts under way in calamity-hit Uttarakhand.
US Ambassador to India Nancy J Powell met Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and conveyed to him the US government`s desire to help the state in the ongoing rehabilitation works in education, IT, health and tourism sectors.
Bahuguna thanked the US diplomat for the kind gesture and apprised her of the steps taken by the state government to bring life gradually back on track after the June deluge.
Things are returning slowly to normal and the Char dham pilgrimage has been resumed, Bahuguna told her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation