US offers help in reconstruction efforts in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: The US on Thursday expressed its intention to lend a helping hand in the reconstruction efforts under way in calamity-hit Uttarakhand.
US Ambassador to India Nancy J Powell met Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and conveyed to him the US government`s desire to help the state in the ongoing rehabilitation works in education, IT, health and tourism sectors.
Bahuguna thanked the US diplomat for the kind gesture and apprised her of the steps taken by the state government to bring life gradually back on track after the June deluge.
Things are returning slowly to normal and the Char dham pilgrimage has been resumed, Bahuguna told her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test