Uttarakhand: 15 killed, seven injured as vehicle falls into gorge
Dehradun: Fifteen persons were killed and seven seriously injured when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a deep gorge in Pithoragarh district early Wednesday.
The mishap occurred at Tauldhar, about 6 km from Dharchula near India-Nepal border in the district at 7.30 AM, killing 15 persons on the spot and leaving seven others injured, Dharchula SDM Pramod Kumar said.
All the bodies have been recovered and the injured have been admitted to a community health centre at Dharchula, he said.
The vehicle carrying milk and vegetable vendors from Ranthi to Dharchula fell into the gorge when the driver lost control near a sharp bend, he said.
The reasons behind the accident is being ascertained but apparently it was caused due to overloading, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal