Uttarakhand: 15 killed, seven injured as vehicle falls into gorge
Dehradun: Fifteen persons were killed and seven seriously injured when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a deep gorge in Pithoragarh district early Wednesday.
The mishap occurred at Tauldhar, about 6 km from Dharchula near India-Nepal border in the district at 7.30 AM, killing 15 persons on the spot and leaving seven others injured, Dharchula SDM Pramod Kumar said.
All the bodies have been recovered and the injured have been admitted to a community health centre at Dharchula, he said.
The vehicle carrying milk and vegetable vendors from Ranthi to Dharchula fell into the gorge when the driver lost control near a sharp bend, he said.
The reasons behind the accident is being ascertained but apparently it was caused due to overloading, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range