Uttarakhand: 7 lakh children benefiting from mid-day meal scheme
Dehradun: Over seven lakh children are benefiting from the Centre-sponsored mid-day meal scheme across Uttarakhand.
The scheme is under way in 17,704 schools across the state out of which 12,450 are Primary and 5,254 Upper Primary schools, an official release said here today.
A total of 4,12,818 students of primary schools and 2,88,689 upper primary school children are being benefited by the scheme, it said.
The Centre spends Rs 110 crore over the scheme per annum apart from the state`s annual share of Rs 45 crore.
Till July end this fiscal, the Centre has spent 26.61 crore on the scheme in Uttarakhand apart from Rs 11 crore spent by the state government, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites