Uttarakhand: 7 lakh children benefiting from mid-day meal scheme
Dehradun: Over seven lakh children are benefiting from the Centre-sponsored mid-day meal scheme across Uttarakhand.
The scheme is under way in 17,704 schools across the state out of which 12,450 are Primary and 5,254 Upper Primary schools, an official release said here today.
A total of 4,12,818 students of primary schools and 2,88,689 upper primary school children are being benefited by the scheme, it said.
The Centre spends Rs 110 crore over the scheme per annum apart from the state`s annual share of Rs 45 crore.
Till July end this fiscal, the Centre has spent 26.61 crore on the scheme in Uttarakhand apart from Rs 11 crore spent by the state government, the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma