Uttarakhand: 7 lakh children benefiting from mid-day meal scheme
Dehradun: Over seven lakh children are benefiting from the Centre-sponsored mid-day meal scheme across Uttarakhand.
The scheme is under way in 17,704 schools across the state out of which 12,450 are Primary and 5,254 Upper Primary schools, an official release said here today.
A total of 4,12,818 students of primary schools and 2,88,689 upper primary school children are being benefited by the scheme, it said.
The Centre spends Rs 110 crore over the scheme per annum apart from the state`s annual share of Rs 45 crore.
Till July end this fiscal, the Centre has spent 26.61 crore on the scheme in Uttarakhand apart from Rs 11 crore spent by the state government, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31