Uttarakhand: 7 lakh children benefiting from mid-day meal scheme
Dehradun: Over seven lakh children are benefiting from the Centre-sponsored mid-day meal scheme across Uttarakhand.
The scheme is under way in 17,704 schools across the state out of which 12,450 are Primary and 5,254 Upper Primary schools, an official release said here today.
A total of 4,12,818 students of primary schools and 2,88,689 upper primary school children are being benefited by the scheme, it said.
The Centre spends Rs 110 crore over the scheme per annum apart from the state`s annual share of Rs 45 crore.
Till July end this fiscal, the Centre has spent 26.61 crore on the scheme in Uttarakhand apart from Rs 11 crore spent by the state government, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!