Uttarakhand aftermath: 166 bodies recovered in third round of combing ops
As many as 166 bodies have so far been disposed of in Kedar Valley in the third round of combing operations, which went on in full swing today with the weather remaining clear.
Dehradun: As many as 166 bodies have so far been disposed of in Kedar Valley in the third round of combing operations, which went on in full swing today with the weather remaining clear.
The operations were relaunched in Kedar Valley on Tuesday and 68 more bodies were yesterday recovered from Garurchatti, Gaurikund and Rambada areas.
A clear weather also lent pace to the repairing of damaged road network and Disaster Management and Mitigation officials said if the weather continues to be clear, the roads are likely to be restored before the end of this month.
The work to restore traffic on Rishikesh-Badrinath, Rishikesh-Kedarnath and Rishikesh-Gangotri highways, which are still blocked at a number of places, went out in full swing today, they said.
A total of 47 roads, including Rishikesh-Badrinath and Gopeshwar-Pokhri road, are obstructed by debris in Chamoli district whereas 12 roads are blocked in Rudraprayag district, including the Rishikesh-Kedarnath national highway.
The weather was largely dry in the state today, with light to moderate rains occurring at isolated places, particularly in the Kumaon region, the MeT office said.
Munsayari received the maximum 14 mm of rains in the last 24 hours followed by Pithoragarh 11.8 mm, Haridwar 7.2 mm, Almora 4 mm and Champawat 3 mm, it said.