Uttarakhand Assembly adjourned over creation of new districts
Dehra Dun: Opposition Congress and BSP
on Tuesday created pandemonium in the Uttarakhand Assembly
demanding creation of new districts in the hill state, forcing
the Speaker to adjourn the House.
As soon as the Zero Hour began, Opposition members led
by Leader of the Opposition Harak Singh Rawat (Cong) were on
their feet demanding creation of new districts.
Rawat said it was very important as "people had to
travel a long distance to reach their district headquarter for
redressal of issues." Later, the members trooped into the well
in support of their demand.
Shouting slogans, the members vociferously pressed for
creation of new districts of Pratapnagar, Bhilangna, Ranwai
valley and others.
As the din continued, Kapoor adjourned the House for
lunch till 15:00 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!