Uttarakhand Assembly adjourned over creation of new districts
Dehra Dun: Opposition Congress and BSP
on Tuesday created pandemonium in the Uttarakhand Assembly
demanding creation of new districts in the hill state, forcing
the Speaker to adjourn the House.
As soon as the Zero Hour began, Opposition members led
by Leader of the Opposition Harak Singh Rawat (Cong) were on
their feet demanding creation of new districts.
Rawat said it was very important as "people had to
travel a long distance to reach their district headquarter for
redressal of issues." Later, the members trooped into the well
in support of their demand.
Shouting slogans, the members vociferously pressed for
creation of new districts of Pratapnagar, Bhilangna, Ranwai
valley and others.
As the din continued, Kapoor adjourned the House for
lunch till 15:00 hrs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani