Uttarakhand Assembly adjourned over creation of new districts
Dehra Dun: Opposition Congress and BSP
on Tuesday created pandemonium in the Uttarakhand Assembly
demanding creation of new districts in the hill state, forcing
the Speaker to adjourn the House.
As soon as the Zero Hour began, Opposition members led
by Leader of the Opposition Harak Singh Rawat (Cong) were on
their feet demanding creation of new districts.
Rawat said it was very important as "people had to
travel a long distance to reach their district headquarter for
redressal of issues." Later, the members trooped into the well
in support of their demand.
Shouting slogans, the members vociferously pressed for
creation of new districts of Pratapnagar, Bhilangna, Ranwai
valley and others.
As the din continued, Kapoor adjourned the House for
lunch till 15:00 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened