Uttarakhand Assembly adjourned over creation of new districts
Dehra Dun: Opposition Congress and BSP
on Tuesday created pandemonium in the Uttarakhand Assembly
demanding creation of new districts in the hill state, forcing
the Speaker to adjourn the House.
As soon as the Zero Hour began, Opposition members led
by Leader of the Opposition Harak Singh Rawat (Cong) were on
their feet demanding creation of new districts.
Rawat said it was very important as "people had to
travel a long distance to reach their district headquarter for
redressal of issues." Later, the members trooped into the well
in support of their demand.
Shouting slogans, the members vociferously pressed for
creation of new districts of Pratapnagar, Bhilangna, Ranwai
valley and others.
As the din continued, Kapoor adjourned the House for
lunch till 15:00 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad