Uttarakhand Assembly adjourned over creation of new districts
Dehra Dun: Opposition Congress and BSP
on Tuesday created pandemonium in the Uttarakhand Assembly
demanding creation of new districts in the hill state, forcing
the Speaker to adjourn the House.
As soon as the Zero Hour began, Opposition members led
by Leader of the Opposition Harak Singh Rawat (Cong) were on
their feet demanding creation of new districts.
Rawat said it was very important as "people had to
travel a long distance to reach their district headquarter for
redressal of issues." Later, the members trooped into the well
in support of their demand.
Shouting slogans, the members vociferously pressed for
creation of new districts of Pratapnagar, Bhilangna, Ranwai
valley and others.
As the din continued, Kapoor adjourned the House for
lunch till 15:00 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah