Uttarakhand BJP leader Rakesh Rastogi was strangulated, says post mortem report
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Nainital: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Rakesh Kumar Rastogi hailing from Uttarakhand, who was found dead in his car on Baheri-Nainital Highway under mysterious circumstances, was strangulated to death, revealed his post-mortem report.
“According to the post mortem report, BJP leader Rakesh Kumar Rastogi was strangulated. His body also had several injuries which led to excessive bleeding,” the PTI quoted Circle Officer Baheri Kalu Singh as saying.
The police has retrieved the call details of the slain BJP leader`s phone and has put all suspected numbers on surveillance, which might help in tracing the perpetrators, added the report.
Rastogi, 40, was missing since Friday when he had left his house for some work but did not return.
His body was recovered from his car on Baheri-Nainital highway and had injury marks. Also, according to police, his hands were tied.
No FIR has been lodged by Rastogi`s family as they want to first cremate him.
An architect by profession, Mr Rastogi hailed from Kiccha in Uttarakhand and was the vice-president of the Udham Singh Nagar district unit of the BJP in the state.
Rastogi`s death comes on a day when another BJP leader Sadhwi Niranjan Jyoti escaped a life bid in Fatehpur when four people attacker her.
Also, another BJP leader Vijay Pandit was shot dead in Dadri area of Greater Noida few days ago, while Om Veer was killed in Muzaffarnagar earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof