Uttarakhand BJP MLAs summoned to Delhi
Dehra Dun: Fearing poaching by ruling
Congress ahead of the confidence vote in Uttarakhand, the
BJP has summoned all its 31 MLAs in the state to New Delhi.
Party sources said except one or two BJP MLAs, all the 31
MLAs have already left for New Delhi on the instructions of
the party high command.
When contacted, state party spokesman Satish Lakhera
confirmed the development but said the party might have
summoned the MLAs for some important issues to be discussed.
"I can only say that the party high command has summoned
all the 31 MLAs to discuss some important issues," said
The move came after Congress faced a crisis following
rebellion by union minister Harish Rawat that has virtually
put a damocle`s sword on the fldegling Vijay Bahuguna
Significantly, Bahuguna will face vote of confidence when
the first session of the newly constituted assembly begins on
A day before March 27, the crucial election of the
Assembly Speaker will also be held which is also being seen as
an acid test for the Congress government that is heavily
banking on the support of seven non-BJP MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Infosys names Anantha Radhakrishnan as new BPO head
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO