Uttarakhand budget mere jugglery of figures: Nishank
Dehradun: Uttarakhand`s former chief minister and senior BJP leader Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank on Friday termed the state`s annual budget as a mere jugglery of figures, saying it was an attempt to delude the people of the state.
"The state government`s annual budget is a mere jugglery of figures which is not going to pace up development as claimed by the chief minister. It is full of promises made by earlier governments?and has nothing new about it," Nishank said in a statement here.
Accusing the state government of "shoddy financial management", he said it has spent only 30 per cent of the last budget despite the ongoing fiscal nearing its end.
Nishank also charged the state government with failing to bring money from the Centre for relief and rehabilitation works in flood-hit areas in the state.
Alleging that there is an obvious effort by the state government in the budget to delude the people of the state by reiterating promises made by previous governments, Nishank said it would have been better if it tried to implement them.
Uttarakhand government had tabled?a budget of Rs 30353.78 crore for the year 2014-15 in?the state Assembly yesterday making a provision of Rs 1693.48 crore for disaster management and reconstruction work in affected areas without imposing any new taxes on people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price