Uttarakhand: CBI quizzes self-styled godman for links with tainted official
Dehradun: Close on the heels of the arrest of
suspended UPSIDC chief engineer Arun Mishra for land-related
scams, the CBI has interrogated self-styled godman Acharya
Ashish Semwal for his alleged links with the official.
The agency sleuths would continue to question Semwal for
some more time, CBI sources said on Sunday.
Semwal, who is seen in the company of top Uttarakhand
politicians, was yesterday questioned for his alleged close
links with Mishra, they said.
Mishra, the suspended chief engineer of Uttar Pradesh
State Industrial Development Corporation (UPSIDC), has been
alleged of making money in land-related scams in UPSIDC and
Tronica City project near Ghaziabad. He is also said to be
allegedly involved in a money laundering case.
The CBI had arrested him on April 27. Semwal was earlier
summoned by the investigating agency for interrogation in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB