Uttarakhand `Char Dham Yatra` begins
Dehradun: The pilgrimage to the revered shrines Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, popularly known as the `Char Dham Yatra` has begun on Tuesday.
The six-month long pilgrimage season will begin from Yamunotri and Gangotri, they will be opened today. The shrine of Badrinath will open for the devotees on April 28, while the shrine of Kedarnath will open on April 29.
Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee President Anusua Prasad Bhatt said that special accommodation arrangements were also made for the pilgrims, expected to be around 50,000 this year.
The administration has made elaborate security arrangements for the pilgrims coming on the yatra.
Last year, inspite of the late start of the yatra, huge number of devotees, both from the country and abroad, paid their obeisance at the four divine destinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing