Uttarakhand `Char Dham Yatra` begins
Dehradun: The pilgrimage to the revered shrines Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, popularly known as the `Char Dham Yatra` has begun on Tuesday.
The six-month long pilgrimage season will begin from Yamunotri and Gangotri, they will be opened today. The shrine of Badrinath will open for the devotees on April 28, while the shrine of Kedarnath will open on April 29.
Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee President Anusua Prasad Bhatt said that special accommodation arrangements were also made for the pilgrims, expected to be around 50,000 this year.
The administration has made elaborate security arrangements for the pilgrims coming on the yatra.
Last year, inspite of the late start of the yatra, huge number of devotees, both from the country and abroad, paid their obeisance at the four divine destinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you