Uttarakhand `Char Dham Yatra` begins
Dehradun: The pilgrimage to the revered shrines Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, popularly known as the `Char Dham Yatra` has begun on Tuesday.
The six-month long pilgrimage season will begin from Yamunotri and Gangotri, they will be opened today. The shrine of Badrinath will open for the devotees on April 28, while the shrine of Kedarnath will open on April 29.
Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee President Anusua Prasad Bhatt said that special accommodation arrangements were also made for the pilgrims, expected to be around 50,000 this year.
The administration has made elaborate security arrangements for the pilgrims coming on the yatra.
Last year, inspite of the late start of the yatra, huge number of devotees, both from the country and abroad, paid their obeisance at the four divine destinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH