Uttarakhand `Char Dham Yatra` begins
Dehradun: The pilgrimage to the revered shrines Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, popularly known as the `Char Dham Yatra` has begun on Tuesday.
The six-month long pilgrimage season will begin from Yamunotri and Gangotri, they will be opened today. The shrine of Badrinath will open for the devotees on April 28, while the shrine of Kedarnath will open on April 29.
Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee President Anusua Prasad Bhatt said that special accommodation arrangements were also made for the pilgrims, expected to be around 50,000 this year.
The administration has made elaborate security arrangements for the pilgrims coming on the yatra.
Last year, inspite of the late start of the yatra, huge number of devotees, both from the country and abroad, paid their obeisance at the four divine destinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!