Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat injured during emergency landing
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was on Friday injured when the helicopter he was flying in hit turbulence and had a rough landing.
Rawat suffered back and neck injury apparently caused due to the emergency landing.
News reports said that Rawat was flying from Chandigarh to Delhi when his helicopter hit rough weather and his head hit the roof of the chopper causing him a neck injury.
Rawat has been admitted to AIIMS and is said to be out of danger.
"He had come to AIIMS at 7.30 PM with complaints of backache and pain in the back of the neck. He has been admitted in the orthopaedic department and his condition is being examined and investigated," AIIMS spokesperson Amit Gupta said.
The pain was caused apparently due to injures after an emergency landing of his helicopter while he was coming from Deharadun to Delhi, AIIMS sources said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today