Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat injured during emergency landing
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was on Friday injured when the helicopter he was flying in hit turbulence and had a rough landing.
Rawat suffered back and neck injury apparently caused due to the emergency landing.
News reports said that Rawat was flying from Chandigarh to Delhi when his helicopter hit rough weather and his head hit the roof of the chopper causing him a neck injury.
Rawat has been admitted to AIIMS and is said to be out of danger.
"He had come to AIIMS at 7.30 PM with complaints of backache and pain in the back of the neck. He has been admitted in the orthopaedic department and his condition is being examined and investigated," AIIMS spokesperson Amit Gupta said.
The pain was caused apparently due to injures after an emergency landing of his helicopter while he was coming from Deharadun to Delhi, AIIMS sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP