Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat injured during emergency landing
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was on Friday injured when the helicopter he was flying in hit turbulence and had a rough landing.
Rawat suffered back and neck injury apparently caused due to the emergency landing.
News reports said that Rawat was flying from Chandigarh to Delhi when his helicopter hit rough weather and his head hit the roof of the chopper causing him a neck injury.
Rawat has been admitted to AIIMS and is said to be out of danger.
"He had come to AIIMS at 7.30 PM with complaints of backache and pain in the back of the neck. He has been admitted in the orthopaedic department and his condition is being examined and investigated," AIIMS spokesperson Amit Gupta said.
The pain was caused apparently due to injures after an emergency landing of his helicopter while he was coming from Deharadun to Delhi, AIIMS sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed