Uttarakhand civic polls date announced
Dehradun: With the five year-term of civic bodies in Uttarakhand coming to an end, the state election commission on Friday announced the schedule for the municipal elections which will take place on April 28.
The filing of nominations will start on April 8 and the results will be announced on April 30, Election Commissioner Harish Chand Joshi said, adding the model code of conduct comes into effect with the announcement.
During the entire poll process, no transfer of government officials will take place, he said.
Six municipal corporations, 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats will go to polls this year and nearly 15,20,527 voters are expected to exercise their franchise in the elections.
The 5-year term of the civic bodies came to an end yesterday.
The six municipal corporations which will go to polls include capital Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar.
Around 3,61.092 voters registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham Singh Nagar are likely to exercise their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi