Uttarakhand civic polls date announced
Dehradun: With the five year-term of civic bodies in Uttarakhand coming to an end, the state election commission on Friday announced the schedule for the municipal elections which will take place on April 28.
The filing of nominations will start on April 8 and the results will be announced on April 30, Election Commissioner Harish Chand Joshi said, adding the model code of conduct comes into effect with the announcement.
During the entire poll process, no transfer of government officials will take place, he said.
Six municipal corporations, 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats will go to polls this year and nearly 15,20,527 voters are expected to exercise their franchise in the elections.
The 5-year term of the civic bodies came to an end yesterday.
The six municipal corporations which will go to polls include capital Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar.
Around 3,61.092 voters registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham Singh Nagar are likely to exercise their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read