Uttarakhand: Cloudburst toll climbs to 42
Dehradun: The toll in the cloudburst that struck Rudraprayag in Uttarakhand rose to 42 on Monday with the recovery of four more bodies from the debris of flattened houses in the worst-hit Ukhimath area of the district.
Four more bodies have been recovered since last night and 20 are still missing, Disaster Management and Mitigation Centre officials here said.
Search and rescue operations by ITBP and Army personnel are on, they said.
Thirty eight bodies had been pulled out during rescue operations yesterday.
The cloudburst in the wee hours on Friday wreaked havoc in Chunni, Mangoli, Kimana, Sansari, Giriya, Barhmankholi, Premnagar and Juatok in Ukhimath area of Rudraprayag, killing most of the victims in their sleep.
Fifteen persons injured in the calamity are being treated at hospitals in Ukhimath and Srinagar, DMMC officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing