Uttarakhand CM announces cash award for woman who killed leopard
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Tuesday announced a cash award of Rs 1 lakh for a woman who fought off and killed a leopard after it attacked her in Rudraprayag district.
Addressing reporters at a press conference here, Rawat said Kamla Negi's name will be recommended for the national bravery award.
56-year-old Negi was attacked from behind by the leopard on Sunday when she was giving water to the crops in her field in Sem Koti village in Jakholi area of Rudraprayag district, forest officials had said.
She did not get scared and attacked the leopard using sickle and spade and killed the animal before the other villagers could reach out to help her. She was grievously injured in the attack.
She is undergoing treatment at Srinagar Base Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda