Uttarakhand CM announces educational projects
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today announced several educational projects, including a polytechnic and high school.
"A polytechnic will be built in Chamiyala, a high school in Magro and about 20 motorable roads will be built in the Ghansali area and some roads would be repaired," said Bahuguna at his `Janta Milan` programmes in Tehri and Ghansali.
The motor routes to be constructed include those between Bal Ganga Mahavidyalaya and Ghumetidhar, Ghansali and Akhauri, Ghuttu and Ghansali, Lata and Sitakot, Karnagaon and Rajeshwari, Ghansali Bazar and Hanuman Mandir and between Jagdish Shila and Hindau, he said.
The Chief Minister further announced that an inter-college will be opened in Ghumetidhar and a stadium built at Akhauri.
Bahuguna is currently touring different districts of the state to know about people`s problems and direct officials to resolve them.
At the `Janta Milan` programmes in Tehri and Ghansali, Bahuguna heard 350 complaints and asked officials to speed up their redressal.
The Chief Minister also gave away fixed deposits under the Balika Protsahan Yojana and NSCs under the Kanya Dhan Yojana to a large number of girl students in the area, an official release said here today. The CM reached Ghansali around 11.30 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rafael Nadal to make Brisbane International debut in 2017
- Turkey tanks enter Syria in anti-Islamic State operation
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version