Uttarakhand CM announces educational projects
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today announced several educational projects, including a polytechnic and high school.
"A polytechnic will be built in Chamiyala, a high school in Magro and about 20 motorable roads will be built in the Ghansali area and some roads would be repaired," said Bahuguna at his `Janta Milan` programmes in Tehri and Ghansali.
The motor routes to be constructed include those between Bal Ganga Mahavidyalaya and Ghumetidhar, Ghansali and Akhauri, Ghuttu and Ghansali, Lata and Sitakot, Karnagaon and Rajeshwari, Ghansali Bazar and Hanuman Mandir and between Jagdish Shila and Hindau, he said.
The Chief Minister further announced that an inter-college will be opened in Ghumetidhar and a stadium built at Akhauri.
Bahuguna is currently touring different districts of the state to know about people`s problems and direct officials to resolve them.
At the `Janta Milan` programmes in Tehri and Ghansali, Bahuguna heard 350 complaints and asked officials to speed up their redressal.
The Chief Minister also gave away fixed deposits under the Balika Protsahan Yojana and NSCs under the Kanya Dhan Yojana to a large number of girl students in the area, an official release said here today. The CM reached Ghansali around 11.30 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience