Uttarakhand CM asks ministers to tour their constituencies
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Monday asked his ministerial colleagues to extensively tour their constituencies to have a first hand knowledge of the complaints of residents and redress them rapidly.
Bahuguna was hearing complaints of common people at a `Janta Milan programme` held at the secretariat here and also asked officials to redress them in a time-bound manner.
The Chief Minister also asked officials to resolve the problems raised by the public at the programme within a set time frame and submit a report to the government.
Bahuguna said that people, to whom financial help is promised, will get it before Holi.
Later, reviewing the budget for schemes meant for SCs/STs, Bahuguna asked all departments to ensure that benefits of these schemes must reach genuine beneficiaries.
"Special care should be taken by all departments concerned to ensure that the benefits reach the targeted beneficiaries and are not diverted," he said.
Bahuguna said besides SCs/STs, the government is also paying attention to the welfare of minorities and the economically backward sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan