Uttarakhand CM asks ministers to tour their constituencies
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Monday asked his ministerial colleagues to extensively tour their constituencies to have a first hand knowledge of the complaints of residents and redress them rapidly.
Bahuguna was hearing complaints of common people at a `Janta Milan programme` held at the secretariat here and also asked officials to redress them in a time-bound manner.
The Chief Minister also asked officials to resolve the problems raised by the public at the programme within a set time frame and submit a report to the government.
Bahuguna said that people, to whom financial help is promised, will get it before Holi.
Later, reviewing the budget for schemes meant for SCs/STs, Bahuguna asked all departments to ensure that benefits of these schemes must reach genuine beneficiaries.
"Special care should be taken by all departments concerned to ensure that the benefits reach the targeted beneficiaries and are not diverted," he said.
Bahuguna said besides SCs/STs, the government is also paying attention to the welfare of minorities and the economically backward sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest