Uttarakhand CM assures reconstruction of state
New Delhi: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna has assured that his government has begun reconstruction and rebuilding of the hill state which was ravaged by June`s deluge.
"We are on the path to swift reconstruction and building of our divine land and restore it to its lost glory," Bahuguna was quoted as saying in an advertisement published in leading dailies on Friday.
He also offered condolences to the families of victims of the devastating floods after torrential rains and expressed gratitude to the people of the state who helped the stranded pilgrims and tourists.
"We also salute the brave sons of Indian armed forces, para-military and the state police force who performed the biggest rescue operation at the cost of their own lives and safety," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list