Uttarakhand CM assures reconstruction of state
New Delhi: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna has assured that his government has begun reconstruction and rebuilding of the hill state which was ravaged by June`s deluge.
"We are on the path to swift reconstruction and building of our divine land and restore it to its lost glory," Bahuguna was quoted as saying in an advertisement published in leading dailies on Friday.
He also offered condolences to the families of victims of the devastating floods after torrential rains and expressed gratitude to the people of the state who helped the stranded pilgrims and tourists.
"We also salute the brave sons of Indian armed forces, para-military and the state police force who performed the biggest rescue operation at the cost of their own lives and safety," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job