Uttarakhand CM Bahuguna going to Switzerland next week?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Dehradun: Uttarakhand has just witnessed one of the worst floods in its history, with over 100 people dead and thousands missing or stranded. Adding to the woes is bad weather, which has hampered rescue operations in the flood-ravaged area.
Amidst all this has come a report which claimed that state Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna might be flying to Switzerland next week.
No, the CM has not planned the trip after the floods – it was pre-planned – but he hasn’t shown the empathy to get it cancelled either.
As per the report in a leading daily, the Chief Minister was scheduled to visit Switzerland with his wife and some state officials. For this, he had sought permission from the Ministry of External Affairs since the trip is official.
While the Ministry was expecting Bahuguna to cancel the trip in the wake of floods, but no such request came till Wednesday. Result: the MEA has now cleared the trip.
Now, what remains to be seen is whether Bahaguna will show concern and not proceed to the European country, or will he show apathy and go ahead with his plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales