Uttarakhand CM Bahuguna going to Switzerland next week?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Dehradun: Uttarakhand has just witnessed one of the worst floods in its history, with over 100 people dead and thousands missing or stranded. Adding to the woes is bad weather, which has hampered rescue operations in the flood-ravaged area.
Amidst all this has come a report which claimed that state Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna might be flying to Switzerland next week.
No, the CM has not planned the trip after the floods – it was pre-planned – but he hasn’t shown the empathy to get it cancelled either.
As per the report in a leading daily, the Chief Minister was scheduled to visit Switzerland with his wife and some state officials. For this, he had sought permission from the Ministry of External Affairs since the trip is official.
While the Ministry was expecting Bahuguna to cancel the trip in the wake of floods, but no such request came till Wednesday. Result: the MEA has now cleared the trip.
Now, what remains to be seen is whether Bahaguna will show concern and not proceed to the European country, or will he show apathy and go ahead with his plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate