Uttarakhand CM Bahuguna going to Switzerland next week?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Dehradun: Uttarakhand has just witnessed one of the worst floods in its history, with over 100 people dead and thousands missing or stranded. Adding to the woes is bad weather, which has hampered rescue operations in the flood-ravaged area.
Amidst all this has come a report which claimed that state Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna might be flying to Switzerland next week.
No, the CM has not planned the trip after the floods – it was pre-planned – but he hasn’t shown the empathy to get it cancelled either.
As per the report in a leading daily, the Chief Minister was scheduled to visit Switzerland with his wife and some state officials. For this, he had sought permission from the Ministry of External Affairs since the trip is official.
While the Ministry was expecting Bahuguna to cancel the trip in the wake of floods, but no such request came till Wednesday. Result: the MEA has now cleared the trip.
Now, what remains to be seen is whether Bahaguna will show concern and not proceed to the European country, or will he show apathy and go ahead with his plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report