Uttarakhand CM bans shooting of pictures of bathing women at Kumbh
Dehra Dun: Shooting photographs of women
taking bath at the Maha Kumbh mela in Haridwar will not be
allowed and criminal cases will be filed against those
violating the directives, Uttarakhand Chief Minister R P
Nishank has said.
Taking serious note of complaints that some electronic
media persons had taken pictures of bathing women in river
Ganga, Nishank has asked the administration to take tough
action against such people, official sources said on Thursday.
Nishank directed the administration to file criminal
cases against the erring electronic media persons, hesaid.
All media persons will have to give an undertaking that
they would not shoot such pictures, the sources said.
The move follows complaints that some electronic
media channels had taken such pictures during their coverage
of the Kumbh mela since January 14 when the three-month-long
religious congregation started.
The Uttarakhand government expects nearly 4-6 crore
pilgrims to participate in the Mela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH