Uttarakhand CM flags off trucks carrying relief material
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna Thursday flagged off 18 trucks carrying relief material, contributed by an NGO working for rights of elderly people, for disaster-hit people of Kedar valley which was the worst hit in the mid-June calamity.
The trucks will go to Guptkashi from where the food packets and winter clothings loaded in them will be distributed among 2,200 affected families of 20 villages in Kedar valley, an official release said here today.
The relief material were contributed by Helpage India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown