Uttarakhand CM meets Chakrata accident victims
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday visited Doon Hospital here and inquired about the health of people injured in the Chakrata accident, in which 27 people were killed two days back.
Bahuguna said the treatment expenses of the injured would be borne by the state government, a release said.
The CM also assured that all the roads of the state, which are in shambles, would be repaired or reconstructed on priority basis after the end of monsoon.
The state government has already decided to spend Rs 200 cr from special grant received from Planning Commission for the repair of roads, the release said quoting the chief minister.
Taking serious note of overloading of vehicles, Bahuguna directed the Principal Secretary transport to ensure comprehensive checking of vehicles in hill areas and stringent action against the defaulters.
Bahuguna, also appealed to the people to be aware of the consequences of overloading of vehicles.
Meanwhile, Assistant Regional Transport Officer Shailesh Tiwari have been suspended for not checking the overcrowded bus that apparently led to the accident.
On Wednesday, 27 people were killed and 25 others injured when the bus fell into a deep ditch at Chilhal village of Chakrata area Dehra Dun.
The accident occurred when the bus carrying 52 passengers was going to Vikasnagar from Hanol in Chakrata tehsil and suddenly skidded off the road and plunged into the ditch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued