Uttarakhand CM Nishank to contest from Srinagar
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank has decided to contest the next Assembly
elections from Srinagar seat in the Garhwal region.
The decision by Nishank is due to the fact Thalisain
Vidhan Sabha seat, currently represented by Nishank would
become part of Srinagar Assembly seat because of delimitation,
a senior party leader said.
BJP sources said Nishank has already made up his mind to
contest the election from Srinagar and has apprised the party
high command of his decision.
With this, the sitting MLA from Srinagar Brijmohan Kotwal
would now contest the next election from Pauri seat, party
With the announcement, sources also pointed out that
Nishank would lead BJP in the next Assembly elections
scheduled to be held in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test