Uttarakhand CM Nishank to contest from Srinagar
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank has decided to contest the next Assembly
elections from Srinagar seat in the Garhwal region.
The decision by Nishank is due to the fact Thalisain
Vidhan Sabha seat, currently represented by Nishank would
become part of Srinagar Assembly seat because of delimitation,
a senior party leader said.
BJP sources said Nishank has already made up his mind to
contest the election from Srinagar and has apprised the party
high command of his decision.
With this, the sitting MLA from Srinagar Brijmohan Kotwal
would now contest the next election from Pauri seat, party
With the announcement, sources also pointed out that
Nishank would lead BJP in the next Assembly elections
scheduled to be held in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'